Free from: Gluten Grain Additives Soya & Dairy. No Added Sugar. Source of Omega 3. Paleo Conforming
WHAT YOU NEED TO ADD
- 200ml of nut milk (almond or coconut)
- 4 large eggs (omega 3 free range) Egg substitutes may be used instead of fresh eggs for those with egg allergies.
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 9 paper muffin (or 18 cupcake) cases
- Preheat fan assisted oven to 140°C/285°F. Non fan assisted oven to 160°C/320°C or gas oven to Gas Mk 3.
- Beat together the ingredients and then add this mix. Stir together until smooth and leave for two minutes to thicken a little.
- Place cases into muffin/cupcake tin. Fill the cases almost to top. Bake muffins for 40 minutes (cupcakes
- 25 minutes).
- Check for readiness, ovens vary, so they may need a little longer. Leave to cool.
LUXURY MUFFINS VARIATION
For a richer, luxury muffin, substitute the 200ml of nut milk and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 150ml of mild olive oil and 125ml of water.
STANDARD RECIPE - TYPICAL VALUES PER 100g
Energy kJ 1473, Energy kcal 352, Protein 11.9g, Carbohydrates 32.0 g; of which Sugars 2.1g, Fat 17.4g; of which Saturated fat 4.3g; Monounsaturated fatty acids 8.9g; Polyunsaturated fatty acids 3.4g, Fibre 9.9g, Sodium 215 mg, Omega-3 0.4g
LUXURY MUFFINS - TYPICAL VALUES PER 100g
Energy kJ 1726, Energy kcal 415, Protein 13.3g, Carbohydrates 27.8g; of which Sugars 1.5g, Fat 26.2g; of which Saturated fat 4.2g; Monounsaturated fatty acids 17.1g; Polyunsaturated fatty acids 4.2g, Fibre 5.4g,Sodium 170mg, Omega-3 0.4g
- Almond meal, xylitol, cocoa (11%), chia seeds (5.5%), coconut flour, baking powder.
- CONTAINS NUTS. Egg substitutes may be used instead of fresh eggs for those with egg allergies.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR PETS
- Store mix in a cool dry place away from sunlight and odours. Baked muffins can be cooled, sealed and stored in fridge for several days. To freeze place in sealed container for up to 3 months.